A Select Tennessee Certified Site
- has a minimum of 20 developable acres.
- has utilities on site or a formal extension plan in place.
- has a boundary survey and topographic maps already completed.
- has documented environmental conditions and geotechnical analysis.
- has minimized risk factors for development.
- is certified by Austin Consulting.
With the select Tennessee Certified Sites Program, we've minimized your risks and taken the guesswork out of locating a new site. This program sets a constant and rigorous standard that you can rely on when making critical location decisions.
Apply To Be A Select Tennessee Site.
When a business makes the decision to build or expand, there are many factors that come into play. The Select Tennessee Certified Sites Program was developed as a rigorous process aimed at elevating Tennessee’s sites to the level of preparedness necessary for corporate investment. The program will market the sites to a targeted group of site selection consultants and business leaders in Tennessee’s key industry clusters. We encourage your community to learn more about the program and to consider submitting your site for certification.
Select Tennessee Certified Site Grant.
TNECD has established a reimbursable grant to assist communities with the preparation of sites through the Select Tennessee Certified Sites program. For a site to be eligible for this grant, the site must be publicly owned and determined to be an eligible candidate for certification by the Austin Consulting team following a visit to the site.
Please send an e-mail to Select.Tennessee@tn.gov for more information and if you are interested in applying.
Apply to Become a Certified Site.
The process to apply begins with the submission of a “Letter of intent to apply.” Please download the template for this letter at the link below. Once downloaded, please prepare the letter as indicated in the template and return by email.
Once your completed letter of intent is received, Austin Consulting will email you the Step 1 application and instructions for how to upload the completed application and associated attachments.
This document provides description and additional information to aid communities in completing applications to become Select Tennessee Certified. This document corresponds to the questions found in Step 2: Comprehensive Site Information. However, you may also find this document useful in completing Step 1: Essential Criteria Worksheet. Both documents will be emailed to you upon completion of Step 1.
Applicants may submit letters of intent (LOI) and Step 1 applications at any time. Note: Only the first 10 Step 1 Applications (not LOIs) will be accepted into a round. Unfinished applications from previous rounds will continue into the next round.
- January 26, 2018 Deadline for submission of Step 1 applications to be considered in this round.
- February 2018 Review of Step 1 applications submitted for this round and distribution of Step 2 applications to applicants accepted to continue through the certification process
- March - April 2018 Austin Consulting to conduct site visits to applicant sites preparing Step 2 applications
- April - May 2018 Preparation and submittal of Step 2 applications and results of review and visit